Monday, October 8, 2007

My dream this week

October 4th 2007
I had a dream that I was enrolled in college classes again. I was training intentionally for a role I would have in the future (not just going to college for the sake of going to college). My first day of classes was great except for the fact that I was five minutes late to my first class because I couldn't find it at first. My schedule consisted of five classes, and an hour break in between my first and second class.
The first day of classes was great, but afterwards to celebrate the school year everyone went to this theme park. When I got to the theme park, my dream went from being in color to being in this awful yellowish "old film" type of lense I was seeing through. I didn't even go on any of the rides like my classmates were, just walking around for 3 minutes, I was SO exhausted that I went home and slept, but didn't wake up until the next day at 5. And I figured "well...I missed the first half of my day why not skip the rest of my day?". So I slept the whole day, and woke up on time for class on day 3, but had to make up for day 2. And I was so worn out from catching up (I caught up on classes during my break), that I was like "I need to just chill and have some fun". So I went with some classmates out to the theme park again, and was tired after 15 minutes of being there, and started feeling sick. So I went home sick, and didn't practice my piano. I slept through my first class on day four, and through my break, but got to my class at 4:15, and made it through the rest of the day. Each day in this school went on as such...trying to catch up, constantly behind, always late to something, or late with some assignment, never really having it all together, always exhausted, always burned out, and always at this theme park with my classmates after school or during break. I never really liked being at this theme park, but it was the place to be, and it seemed to be the only way to be with others, but we never really talked or did anything meaningful. I remember thinking sometimes "well maybe eventually I'll build relationships with people here, and then we can stop going to this theme park and go to my house and talk about real things, and build real friendships". But each time I left empty, but more than empty in the long run. The theme park drained the life out of me, every time I went. I felt like a loser for getting drained out so quickly when others seemed to be having so much fun. The theme park drained me of so much energy, that I would sleep longer than I wanted to sleep, and in the long run I ended up sleeping through alarms several times, and not making it to class. The dream ended in Worship Team Practicum. I fell asleep during class, and slept through a fire drill. That afternoon, we also had a tornado but I'd missed the drill before and didn't know what to do, and no one else did either. I saw the tornado coming, and a fire, and tried to run, but didn't know where the shelter was, I ended up crying by this gigantic fountain and a teacher found me and grabbed my wrist in a painful position and ran with me to safety and then started yelling "where were you during the drill? You could've ran to safety! And where have you been during class? Those credit hours count toward your degree...Anna wake up. How can a young man or woman keep his way pure? By TAKING HEED according to the word of God!"
It's time for us to train, and wake up and take heed according to the word of God

No comments: