Monday, October 1, 2007

Why not just show me Lord?

I have often become frusterated with myself and the Lord as I continue on this journey in life. I mess up, then afterward go "Lord...why didn't you just stop me? Or give me a big flashing neon sign that says 'HEY ANNA DON'T GO THERE!'" I came across this verse.

Proverbs 29:19 "By mere words a servant is not disciplined, for though he understands, he will not respond."

Even if we understood the rules, and followed all of them, our hearts wouldn't respond! The Lord is after our hearts to RESPOND to Him, the Lord not only chastens those he loves, but He brings us trials so that our hearts will learn to come to Him first as our only source! We live not upon physical food alone, but upon EVERY word that proceeds from the mouth of Jesus Christ the only one able, and the only true fountain of life. He is inviting us to drink and never thirst for another lover again! He is calling, and if you sit there doing nothing at His call He will count that as your response. He is a lover, and He is after Your heart, let your response be love.

1 comment:

Elijah said...

I typed this in and it showed me you, I'm twice your age I don't know what it means but I don't know. Jesus loves you.